If we uncovered the why and the effects of over promising, would we over promise?
When we over promise:
- we create excessive worry and stress.
- we set unrealistic expectations and dead lines.
- we diminish our self-worth, self-acceptance and increase the need for validation.
- we question if our best is good enough.
- we rob ourselves of happiness and self-satisfaction.
When we remain true to ourselves:
- we keep our promise and deliver our best.
- we are at peace knowing we gave our best.
- we increase in self-satisfaction, self-worth and self-acceptance.
- we are content, thankful and repeat, ‘well done.’